When it comes to industrial fire protection, the team at Keystone Fire & Security plays a very important role in safeguarding businesses and the lives of people who work at the businesses. Fire safety is a critical aspect of any workplace, and one of the main things when it comes to fire safety is the regular inspection of fire extinguishers. Industrial fire protection is a priority, and fire system inspection companies, such as Keystone Fire & Security, are instrumental in ensuring that fire safety measures are up to par.
Why Fire Extinguisher Inspections Matter
Fire extinguishers are a first line of defense if a small fire breaks out at your business. This is because a fire can escalate quickly into a full-blown disaster if it is not dealt with quickly. Regular inspections are imperative to be able to guarantee that these essential firefighting tools are in the best working order and condition when they are needed.
What We Check During a Fire Extinguisher Inspection and Why
The team at Keystone Fire and Security checks several different things during a fire extinguisher inspection and there are reasons for each one.
- Visual Inspection: A thorough visual inspection is the starting point of any fire extinguisher inspection. Trained professionals from fire system inspection companies like Keystone Fire and Security inspect the entire unit for any signs of damage, corrosion, or wear and tear. This first step is imperative since damaged or deteriorated extinguishers may fail to function correctly in an emergency, putting lives and property at risk.
- Pressure Gauge Check: The pressure gauge on a fire extinguisher lets you know if the unit has the correct amount of pressure. During inspections, the gauge is checked to ensure that the pressure is within the recommended range. An abnormal pressure reading could mean there is a leak, blockage, or some other type of issue that might hinder how well the fire extinguisher is going to work.
- Accessibility and Location: It is very important that your fire extinguishers are easily accessible to everyone at your business and that they are strategically located for easy access. The fire inspection team at Keystone Fire and Security will evaluate whether extinguishers are appropriately placed. They will also make sure that your fire extinguishers are not obstructed in any way and are easy to reach in the event of a fire. Proper placement can make the difference between a minor incident and a catastrophic event.
- Inspection of Seals and Tamper Indicators: Seals and tamper indicators are in place to show whether a fire extinguisher has been used or tampered with. During inspections, professionals check these indicators to ensure that the extinguisher has not been compromised. An intact seal means that the fire extinguisher is in its original state and ready to go when you need it the most.
- Examine the Hose and Nozzle: The hose and nozzle are very important parts of a fire extinguisher. The fire system inspection team at Keystone Fire & Security will meticulously inspect these parts to guarantee they are free from cracks, blockages, or any defects that might stop them from working correctly at the time you need them.
Contact the Fire Protection Specialists
When it comes to industrial fire protection in Delaware County, the fire protection specialists at Keystone Fire & Security have the knowledge, skills, and equipment to ensure you have the proper coverage in the event a fire ever breaks out at your business.
Fire system inspection companies in South Jersey and other areas play a very important role in keeping businesses protected from a possible fire. By having regular inspections by the team at Keystone Fire & Security, you are doing the right thing in keeping your business, including your customers and employees, safe and secure. Contact us today!