CO Detectors…Do You Really Need Them?
Photo credit: Kayla Dwyer/The Morning Call
This past Monday night Allentown police and fire fighters evacuated 200 senior citizens from the Episcopal House due to high levels of carbon monoxide detected in the building.
According to Fire Chief Lee Laubach the source of the CO was a boiler in the basement.
“We were lucky to have the CO detectors, and that’s why we ask everyone to have them in their house,” Laubach said.
Responders ventilated the building and began reoccupying the second and third floors about an hour later.
(You can read the whole story here.)
Do your facilities have CO detectors?
If not we can work with you to get them installed!
Contact us to find out how.